Saturday, January 12, 2008

Collections (15)

*
The name of this little cafe is Jimmy's Cafe. They have a wonderful collection of pictures of famous people named "Jimmy" - or James, Jim, Jamie, etc. The collection includes movie stars; politicians, including all of the U.S. presidents who were named James; movie and TV characters, like James Kirk; and even cartoon characters, such as Jimmy Neutron and Jiminy Cricket. Many of the photos are autographed. This wall is only one of five walls that display framed pictures and movie posters. A sixth wall is entirely covered in a huge painted mural of more "Jimmys."

6 comments:

Dogeared said...

What a cool little cafe! I love that Jimmy theme :D

Lisa B said...

Wow, what an interesting place to have a coffee! thanks for sharing it with us, btw what did you get to eat/drink? :0) (love the food themes)

Linda Judd said...

Thanks, Lisa. Well, we were there for our Saturday morning breakfast (you can read about our Sat. AM breakfast tradition in my blog, here: http://lindaswindow.blogspot.com/2007/07/saturday-mornings-with-dan.html

So . . . I had pancakes, a couple little link sausages, an egg and some hash browns. It's our main meal on Sat., although we'll have a little something in the evening.

Julie M said...

That sounds like a neat place! (and my son, James, agrees....)

Michelle said...

What did the people think of you taking a picture of them?

Hi, my name is Michelle. Can I add you to my 366 blog?

Linda Judd said...

Michelle,
I just stood over by the cashier's counter, and didn't use a flash, so I don't think anyone really noticed me!

Certainly, feel free to add a link. I'll put yours on mine, as well. I'm looking forward to taking a look at your site!

Thanks for dropping by.