Thursday, August 28, 2008

Diary (236th post - 241st day of the year)

*

One of our Japanese exchange students, who lived with us for a year, faithfully kept a diary while he was in the US. He was going to throw it away before he went home, but I told him, "Someday you'll want this. It holds so many good memories, and will be a treasure to you." I told him I'd keep it for him until he wants it. It's been 17 years, and he still hasn't asked for it! [Edit: I just realized it has been 19 years rather than 17! Where has the time gone?!]

4 comments:

Julie M said...

That's so sweet of you to continue saving it for him. You've made a lovely photo of it. I hope he gets in touch one day...

PatB said...

Lovely photo and history Linda. Very thoughtful of you to save it, The Japanese writing makes it an intriguing journal... I hope he comes for it one day.

Linda aka Elemobe said...

Wonderful, don't think anyone else if going to come up with anything remotely similar.

Thanks for sharing the history.

Dogeared said...

How cool is that, that you've kept it all this time! What a great story :D