Thursday, March 6, 2008

Quirky (62)

*
I struggled over whether to call this one "Quirky" or "Treasure."

"Treasure?" you may ask. Yes, it's been a treasure to me for about 27 years, ever since my son, Chris, who was about 8 years old at the time (that's his second grade school picture in the background) made this clay "flower vase" at school and brought it home to me for Mother's Day.

I remember putting some dandelions in it on that Mother's Day, but I've used it, ever since, as a pencil/pen holder. Even after 27 years, I can't help but smile at this dainty work of art whenever I pause to look at it.

It's a treasure to me, for sure. But there's no doubt that it's also quirky.

5 comments:

Julie M said...

Treasure, I think! It is certainly one fine piece of art. I like your composition with the school pic in the background. Nice storytelling...

Anonymous said...

The quirky treasure...and the pic of the artist in the background are both priceless!!

GR

Kelsey said...

That is astounding! Clara may have some artistic genes in her afterall.

Dogeared said...

Hee, that's adorable! I remember making a little clay house in school, and being SO proud of it! It's so sweet to see your gift is still being used after all this time! Definitely treasured :D

Michelle said...

Priceless!